Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Show Season! How's your wrapping skills?

PICTURE: Casandra wrapping Jewel

Here is a nice little short video from youtube, explaining the basics of the hows and whys of using standing wraps.

This is a good skill for all horse people to learn! I know that I (and a few other individuals) prefer to do a much neater and tighter job when pre-wrapping the wraps themselves. If any one has other wrapping tips they would like to share, please include a comment in the comments box! I think Casandra starts the wrap by tucking the end into the pad? (Correct me if I'm wrong, Casandra...)

3 comments:

  1. ya i could use some tips, I do it wrong all the time so Mandy always has to fix it for me:) one of those things you never did living out west!!! tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine with Mandy's nursing background, she's probably a pro!! Tell us how it's done, Mandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it always helps if you pre load your bandage..ie. wrap your bandage so the velcro is on the right side when you are done..lol Dawnna

    ReplyDelete